Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Hawes Family

I have a confession. Taking pictures at midday intimidates me. It just so happened that this family got stuck in Kansas City traffic and our morning photo shoot turned into an afternoon one. It was a hot and humid, bright and sunny. Okay, I'm making this sound horrible, but actually we had a lot of fun and I left wishing they lived closer. I would totally want to hang out with this family. Actually, would you believe I grew up in the same town as the mom of this family? I'm a few years older so we never knew each other that well (& I was also very shy) :) Somehow we both ended up in Missouri. Crazy.
Anyways, thank you Hawes for making the trek down and braving the road to my parents farm. Thank you for helping me face one of my fears. And thank you for having such a beautiful family which will hopefully hide some of my shortcomings as a noonday photographer. (As soon as we get through with this move, I'm hitting my books about flash photography again...always things to learn and weaknesses to overcome).

No comments:

Post a Comment